Your personal profile on LinkedIn is as important as your CV. Besides filling out all the information and polishing off your profile with a representative profile picture, Integrand Delft provides you with some do’s and dont’s to make your profile stand out!
- Let your boss/supervisor subscribe a reference on your page
- Turn off your last modified date such that your profile looks updated
- It is possible to edit the URL of your profile such that your name is solely visible
- Become a member of relevant groups
- Add people after you have met them on a social event
- Add a message with connection-request
- Follow people that interest you such as Elon Musk, Bill Gates etc
- Stay active on your Linked-In: share or like!
- Accept connection-request when it is somebody that works at a company that interests you even if you don’t know them personally
- Aim to expand your network to 500+
- If someone has viewed your profile, always look back. In the eyes of LinkedIn you are 'social', because you show interest in the person who is interested in you.
- Don’t be too detailed on your profile: not every result needs to be on your profile
- Make sure that you don’t have any spelling errors on your page! Let a friend check your profile first!
- Don’t keep your profile public
- Send connection requests without a personal message to people you don't know.
- Don’t have too much text and descriptions on your profile
For more tips en tricks: www.integrand.nl